Blackwood Games is a Kyiv-based game development studio with over 100 top experts and more than 8 years of experience in creating world-class games. We are veterans of AAA game development and one of our very first developments now has 65 million players, is translated to 16 languages and is presented on most gaming platforms.
We’ve been doing great things for years and now we’re strengthening our Marketing Department so the world would know about them.
Join us as a Digital Marketing Manager and dive deep into the world of first-class AAA games and fun.
Challenges for you
- Manage projects that improve the state of digital marketing and its funnel, such as the implementation of the Google marketing platform, GA360, full-funnel tracking, attribution modeling, cost update automation, setting up CRO, etc
- Be responsible for the performance and budgeting of all in-house user acquisition campaigns
- Build and execute effective go-to-market campaigns
- Build innovative campaigns that engage with players; build excitement and anticipation ahead of the game release and ongoing post-release campaigns.
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure all plans are coordinated, complementary, and deliver against agreed KPIs
- Manage the territory marketing budget for the game, ensuring costs are fully and accurately tracked and reported
- Support and attend trade and consumer events; take the lead where required.
- Work with media agencies to manage outstanding data-driven marketing campaigns and provide reports with insights, analysis, and learnings
- Evaluate touchpoints in the customer journey, while improving tracking to measure ROI and KPIs with efficiency
- Manage approvals of marketing activities
- Deliver on product unit and revenue goals across the full lifecycle of the product
- Be data-driven with defined KPIs across disciplines
- Maximize return on investment through judicious use of the marketing mix
- Be S.M.A.R.T., with a specific focus on developing effective marketing metrics to gauge success and build future learnings
- Perform a post-mortem analysis following the launch
- Work with external creative agencies and the internal creative services studio to deliver needed campaign assets to desired standard and quality on allocated titles
- Manage partnership agencies to execute local partnership activities, if necessary, for the campaign
Your experience and background
- Fluent English language skills
- Experience about the computer games industry/other entertainment-based industry
- Excellent knowledge of the Western games market
- Understanding of the different requirements for European and international markets and have prior experience of delivering to different local territory needs
- Significant experience in marketing and strong project management skills
- Experience of working to KPI’s
- Experienced in delivering innovative, above-the-line promotional activities, with an active and evolving knowledge of promotional opportunities, technologies, and trends
- Effective communication — to present your ideas clearly and to to work effectively across a diverse number of stakeholders
- Holistic outlook — able to think and operate both creatively and commercially
- Open and engaging attitude — you’re able to effectively manage the receipt, sharing and implementation of input and feedback within an international, multidisciplinary game team
- Motivating and energizing vibe — you are able to influence the marketing plan to demanding timelines.
- Tenacious and creative — you can work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs
- Organized and diligent approach — with good time management and proactive communication
- Attention to detail — particularly with the creation and management of briefs, plans, reports, budgets and schedules.
- Responsibility and self-motivation — can take ownership of projects in order to drive them forward, demonstrating by example.
- Passion for video games!