Переглянути більше вакансій ➔
The Kyiv Independent – Ukraine’s biggest English language publication is looking to fill a news editor position.
The Kyiv Independent is Ukraine’s main English-language news outlet. It was founded in November 2021 by a team of reporters and editors who were fired from the Kyiv Post for defending editorial independence, in partnership with a media consultancy company Jnomics. Today it’s a team of around 40 people based mostly in Kyiv. Publishing in English, we serve as Ukraine’s voice in the world and the world’s window into Ukraine.
- Writing quick news updates and news stories in English for the website;
- Converting them into updates for social media channels;
- Working in shifts to keep the website’s news feed up to date.
- English language proficiency (C1 or native speaker);
- Closely following the Ukrainian news agenda, its main newsmakers, as well as the international agenda in relation to Ukraine;
- Command of Ukrainian language (enough to read and understand news updates, as well as understand a statement delivered in a video/audio form);
- Journalistic experience would be considered an advantage;
- Ability to focus fully on work during your shifts;
- Devotion to the values of independent journalism;
- Being based in Kyiv would be considered an advantage.
- Market-level pay;
- Work in scheduled shifts;
- A young and highly motivated team;
- Mentoring and possibilities for professional development.
Candidates with relevant skills and experience will be invited for an interview.
Apply now in one click ⤵️
Please, share this vacancy with your friends.